Thursday, February 02, 2006

Play and Pause Buttons

Note: this was originally posted on my Friendster blog, but since I thought I'd migrate to blogspot, I took the liberty of reposting my last post here:

So I'm back in Taiping for the CNY hols. Been here since Friday night (technically Saturday morning) and I have to say - like I've said many, many times before - being home is something like pressing the 'play' button on the life you left behind. Nothing seems to change much here. A Rahman still serves great mamak food. The Kambing Sup stall is still there though the Maybank branch beside it has closed down. And when I go off this Saturday or Sunday, it will be like pressing the 'pause' button once again on my life here, only to continue 'playing' it the next time I come back.

Speaking of Sup Kambing, I went out and had one this evening with some old friends. Tastes as good as I remember it. Gotta bulk up with some REAL food before heading back to the wilderness of Kota Samarahan.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tharan said...

MMMMMmmmmMMM...the taste still lingers in my mouth.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home