Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yayasan Sarawak Debate 2006

Okay, this was supposed to be up a week ago, but I guess I was too high to type all this then. But anyway, we won. Yes, we won!! Haha...it's been a week since it happened and yet that same feeling of glee is still there. It's indescribable. Us Unimas folks went out there, swept everything clean and became the first team to win back to back titles. Well the Swinburne guys did win four out of the five 'best speaker' awards for the preliminaries but still we did manage to win that remaining one, so I guess that's an achievement - winning something in each category.

To the debate guys who had been with us since day one - Dhane, Esther, Quay, Rohene, Sheue Jin, Soosai and Harttini (and anyone whom I may have left out) - I hate to sound really cliche, but you guys ROCK!!

The gang - with Sheue Jin and Rohene missing

And of course, special mention goes to my debate partner Gary. You da man! Rocked the entire house you did.

Yes! Ecstacy! Fulfillment at last! Haha...



Check out the official website for this year's YS World Style English Debate at http://www.mpbl.edu.my/worlds/

12 Comments:

Blogger Dhanen Mahes said...

Yes, we do rock

4:13 PM  
Blogger ShuLy said...

=) congratulations.

5:16 AM  
Blogger EScetera said...

Ahem... WE ROCK! Right on! Muahahahaha! And hey... You put the link to my blog on your page! I'm so touched. Sniff. =)

9:25 PM  
Blogger The Weiyang said...

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Dhane: Couldn't have done it without a great coach.

Shuly: Thanks. You do actually read my blog! :)

Esther: Once again...don't emotional, ok? Control breathing...haha...

1:23 AM  
Blogger ShuLy said...

owh, what makes you think i don't??? mmm...

5:14 PM  
Blogger The Weiyang said...

just joking nia...no worries!

4:47 AM  
Blogger ShuLy said...

=) hehe.. know u are.. =P

7:19 AM  
Blogger Tharan said...

woah...its been a while since i last step here. Well well..weiyang has started debating again..hahaa. good good. Remember...dont go about shouting ' bitch' to any girls ..ahahah. :P you rock !!!

10:08 PM  
Blogger The Weiyang said...

lol...no 'b*tches' to yell at this time! that comment reserved for 'special' occasions one...not seen since 2002!

8:01 PM  
Blogger EScetera said...

Ahem. Once again, I'm not emotional, and yes, my breathing's very fine, thank you... LoL!

7:54 PM  
Blogger The Weiyang said...

LOL Esther you crack me up sometimes!

11:08 PM  
Blogger EScetera said...

Really? I crack you up? Interesting theory... And only sometimes? I thought I cracked everybody up all the time? =) Cheers!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home