Sunday, July 09, 2006

Look, ma...

...I can see my house - literally, on this miracle program called Google Earth. Don't believe me? Have a look yourself!

Home!


That's right, you can even see the cream colored driveway that differentiates my house from the neighbors. Here are some friends' houses.

Vicki's house at Taiping Garden:


Peh Siong's at Glenview:


Moving further towards town, Tharan's place at Aulong:


And on to Lakeview. WC's former house, I think. Can't see the house numbers from satellite pics:


Still at Lakeview. Justin's place:


Closer to town, Kev's place. Once again, I couldn't make a positive ID without numbering, but it's one of these houses:


And Seng Wah too. Can't see Hock Heng undertaker from here, so I think this should be his house:


Funny the 'Taiping' marker should be smack in the middle of Aulong and not the center of Taiping town itself:



Close up of SGI (primary & secondary), where we Sons of St George's all walked through, except WC who 'defected' mid-way to SMK Cheras!


Close up of SGI secondary:


How it looks like from ground zero:



The sad state of the abandoned Taiping airport with its stripped runway. This was the first airport in Malaysia, btw. Tharan told me a Caribou military transport once landed here way back in 1970 but couldn't take off after that because the runway was too short...

Take your own tour of Taiping (or somewhere else): http://earth.google.com. Be warned though, the clear satellite images only last till the beginning of the lake gardens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home